It was recently brought to our attention that one of our Year 9 students has been chosen as a Harding Miller Education Foundation Scholar for 2022/23 – congratulations to Tylah Hollett on this wonderful achievement.
Tylah was identified by the Harding Miller Education Foundation as a female student with enormous potential to achieve academic excellence and significant professional success. This year’s selection process was incredibly competitive with 556 applications received from girls across Australia.
Tylah’s scholarship has been designed to provide her with practical support to boost her educational achievements and career aspirations. Aside from the delivery of a new high-quality laptop, each year she will also receive:
· 4G SIM and up to 20GB data per month
· access to remote IT helpdesk support
· up to $2500 for personal tutoring for core subjects (English, Maths and/or Science)
· unlimited use of Studiosity, an online study help provider
· $650 pre-paid card to be used for educational expenses
· a volunteer coach to support and help her make the most of her scholarship opportunity
· study skills support through Advanced Learning
· access to Study.Work.Grow resources
· invitations to participate in enrichment activities to assist her to create pathways to university and develop her career ambitions
At the completion of this two-year scholarship, Tylah will be invited to reapply for ongoing support in her senior years. With this extension, the value of her scholarship is close to $20,000 over four years.
Congratulations to Tylah and her family on successfully applying for this prestigious scholarship. We look forward to charting her progress in the coming years.