PLHS is looking forward to welcoming another cohort of Year 7 students to our school community in 2023 (our 100th year!) – accordingly, we have established the following timeline of events to make the transition process from primary school to high school as seamless and stress-free as possible for the current Year 6’s and their families.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact PLHS on 8683-6000 with any queries or concerns; alternatively, please email our Middle School Assistant Principal Mr. Craig Curtis at Craig.Curtis549@schools.sa.edu.au.
- Event 1: Feeder school staff information sessions & school tour
- Date: Weeks 8 & 9, Term 3
- Event 2: Transition student data provided to PLHS by primary schools where relevant
- Date: Week 2, Term 4
- Event 3: Parent information night for Year 6 families
- Date: 5pm Tuesday November 1st (Week 3, Term 4)
- Event 4: PLHS Middle School AP, support staff and past students/mentors to visit feeder schools
- Dates: Wednesday November 2nd & Friday November 4th (Week 3, Term 4)
- Event 5: Extended transition and testing for students with wellbeing/additional learning needs continue
- Date: Weeks 4 & 5, Term 4
- Event 6: Dharna Groups finalised in consultation with feeder schools; student letter to schools Week 2
- Date: Week 6, Term 4
- Event 7: Year 6 to 7 “Taste of High School”
- Dates: Thursday December 1st & Friday December 2nd (Week 7, Term 4)