“WEAR IT PURPLE” shares the same goals of Australian school systems in providing the foundation for Inclusive Education of which all students can take part. We share the same goal of ensuring that we create a safe, caring school environment in which students are nurtured as they learn while recognising the diversity within the school community and providing programs and support which acknowledge difference to promote harmony.
Our SRC will be supporting WEAR IT PURPLE activities this coming Friday (August 26th). There will be a casual clothes day for students, with staff encouraged to get behind the initiative and show support for our LGBTQIA+ community by wearing purple and creating conversations with their Dharna Group classes throughout the week.
In the Amphitheatre on Friday (weather permitting), students can write messages representing our school value of INCLUSIVITY on ‘paper balloons’ (which will then be displayed in the Resource Centre).
Websites that have supporting resources, activities and information are listed below. Most importantly, if you have students that need support in this space – please direct them to the Wellbeing Team, or to a trusted adult on site so that we can work together to support our young people.
- YouTube clip (NSW SES talk about Wear It Purple and a culture of diversity and inclusion): (384) WEAR IT PURPLE 2022 – YouTube
- Minus 18 Website: How to challenge crappy language when you hear it | Minus18
- ReachOut Website (Excellent Resource – lots of info): Wear It Purple Day | ReachOut Australia
- KAHOOT – we have created an official Wear it Purple one for you here or you can create your own: Wear it Purple Day 2022 – Details – Kahoot!
- LGBTQIA+ JEOPARDY Head to jeopardylabs here to play a game of LGBTQIA+ jeopardy with your students: LGBTQ Trivia Jeopardy Template (jeopardylabs.com)
- YouTube: (384) Record number of openly LGBTQ athletes take part in Olympics | The World – YouTube & (384) Tokyo 2020 to have most LGBTQ athletes ever – YouTube