Port Lincoln High School’s Governing Council is a team of parents, community members, student and school leaders who work together in shaping the future excellence of our school.
We met again recently and welcomed Mr Matthew Morgan, CEO of the City of Port Lincoln Council. Matthew provided a comprehensive picture of the Council’s planning and consideration for the issues and opportunities facing the schooling sector. Discussion points raised with Matthew by our group:
- roads, transport infrastructure and traffic management
- community services – the pressure on child care placements in Port Lincoln
- the importance of developing linkages and pathways between schools, universities and priority industry for our region
- the range of work experience and VET options for students and the challenges and pressures on families to relocate from our region to access higher education
- the importance and opportunity for Council to engage youth voice, encourage and mentor our future leaders and plan with a view of retaining these skilled people in our community
- the potential of developing an education precinct in Port Lincoln and the attraction this creates for employment, families, industry and further education
The Governing Council also acknowledged the good work of the current Canteen management and supports the opportunity to grow this service for the future.
Want to stay connected with the Governing Council and don’t have the time to attend meetings? That’s OK, however we need to hear from you to guide our work for your school.
We invite you to join the Parent & Community Voice group by contacting Rachael Boyce (contact details below). Occasionally, a Governing Council member may ring/text/email you to bounce some ideas or ask for your feedback/advice. Your info can be given with confidence knowing that your anonymity will be maintained at all times.
Our next Governing Council meeting is planned for Wednesday June 23rd from 6:30pm in the PLHS Staff Room – parents and school community members are very welcome to attend any meetings of interest by registering with Rachael.
Signing off for now,
PLHS Governing Council
Please direct any Governing Council matters to Rachael Boyce in the School’s Front Office via phone 8683-6000 or email Rachael.Boyce774@schools.sa.edu.au