Port Lincoln High School is delighted to announce that Year 10 student Jesika Cane (pictured) has been selected to participate in the 2019 Women in Engineering Camp – this exciting annual event is provided by the University of New South Wales and will run in Sydney from Monday January 7th to Wednesday January 9th).
Jesika successfully completed an online application process in order be selected for this amazing opportunity. She will join around sixty young women at the camp; whilst most of the attendees live in Sydney, others will be coming in from other parts of the nation. Camp attendees will be able to:
- explore the diverse fields of engineering
- participate in interesting activities and workshops exploring different disciplines of engineering
- visit sites around Sydney that showcase engineering in action
- meet a range of successful engineers at a networking function
- explore career and lifestyle opportunities in Australia and internationally
- meet engineering students and graduates keen to share their experiences
- enjoy a number of social events and make new friends
- live on campus
Congratulations to Jesika, her family and teachers on this wonderful recognition – we wish her all the best for the camp and look forward to hearing all about it upon her return to the 2019 school year.