Four of our senior Visual Arts students recently gave up some of their April school holidays to attend the 2022 PLHS Year 12 Design Trip in Adelaide.
The packed two-day itinerary saw the four attending students – Mitchell Paterson, Liela Phillips, Chloe Poel and Charlotte Stigwood – visit the following eye-opening and thought-provoking venues:
- KWP! (advertising agency)
- KS Design (graphic design studio)
- Bang & Olufsen (audio/visual products)
- Khai Liew (furniture designer)
- Mid Century Modern (second-hand furniture)
- Alessi/Georg Jensen (homewares displays at David Jones)
- CDW Studios (school of visual effects and entertainment design)
- City West (UniSA’s art/architecture/design campus)
- JamFactory (art/design/craft centre)
- SACE Art Show (showcase exhibition)
- SAHMRI building (architectural tour)
- Art Gallery of South Australia (gallery highlights)
Congratulations to Mitchell, Liela, Chloe and Charlotte for their outstanding participation throughout the exhausting schedule. Further, I wish to sincerely thank their families for supporting the students to attend, and to my invaluable event partners for their continued willingness to share their experience and expertise.
It is hoped that exposure to this array of contemporary design experiences will provide our students with inspiration for their remaining projects, and a greater understanding of related tertiary and career options.
~ Mr Shaun Thomas (Design)