Earlier today, dozens of our Year 10 and 11 students participated in the first of three days of “EXPLORE”, a new career and industry immersion event held at various locations across Port Lincoln.
Having previously signed up to attend the various interactive sessions on offer (which ranged in duration from thirty minutes to two hours), our students were exposed to the world of work and career pathways available in several industries on the Eyre Peninsula and state-wide.
Today’s opportunities (and providers/venues) included:
• Construction (North East Vocational College)
• Working in Radio (Magic 89.9)
• Engineering in Space (Uni Hub)
• Careers at Far North (Nautilus Theatre)
• Retail Cosmetics (TAFE SA)
• Maritime Industry (Australian Maritime and Fisheries Academy)
• Careers in Racing (Port Lincoln Racecourse)
• Automotive (TAFE SA)
• Education (Port Lincoln Education Office)
• Renewable Energy (PLHS Stamford Floor)
This initiative is providing a fantastic opportunity for our students to learn about the different career opportunities and pathways that are available to them.
~ Ms. Tiff Evans (Student Pathways)
* More photos to come…