As Term 3 draws to a close, PLHS students and staff are invited to show their “true colours” this Friday (September 29th) for Footy Colours Day 2023. This is an annual fundraiser for the Fight Cancer Foundation to support kids living with cancer.
Participants are encouraged to get their supporter gear on and show their footy colours (or netball, basketball, hockey, soccer, cricket, volleyball etc.) – a gold coin donation is expected with all proceeds going to the Fight Cancer Foundation.
A Centenary Staff vs. Students football match will be held on the Oval during lunchtime and into Lesson 5, to be followed by an early dismissal (2:10pm) to mark the end of term 3 and the beginning of our Centenary Celebration Weekend.
The following fun activities will occur this Friday:
- CASUAL CLOTHES DAY – wear your favourite sporting colours (not just footy teams)
- GOLD COIN DONATION – fundraiser for the Fight Cancer Foundation
- LUNCHTIME SAUSAGE SIZZLE – traditional bangers in bread
- LONGEST KICK & HANDBALL COMPETITIONS – go on, have a go
- STAFF vs. SENIOR STUDENTS CENTENARY FOOTY MATCH – the kids have no chance
- HEADSPACE IN ATTENDANCE – joining in on the fun and supporting the day
Let’s dig deep, PLHS – we have some families within our school community doing it tough from cancer, so let’s support where we can: https://www.footycoloursday.com.au/fundraisers/PortLincolnHighSchool/footy-colours-day-2023-school