Hi all. With Term 1 whizzing by, your Governing Council met recently. It was great to welcome senior student leaders Ursula Clarke and Ned Moxey and hear about the good work of student voice throughout the school. Also joining us were representatives from the Port Lincoln Junior and Primary Schools’ Governing Council, to hear about the exciting plans in place for the transition of Year 6 and 7 students to the High School in 2021.
Three hundred and nine new students (plus teachers and support staff) will join the High School community next year, making your high school the largest secondary education facility on the Eyre Peninsula. With this expansion comes the most comprehensive and diverse range of learning and vocational education programs for our children’s futures.
Thought you’d also like to know from the meeting that:
- student participation at recent sports days (PLHS and Western Area Schools) was high; PLHS PE staff did a fantastic job with organisation and motivation
- PLHS representatives will join their Japanese Muroto Sister School equivalents live online next week; in full digital view of the Japanese school’s assembled student population, we will sign a memorandum of understanding and commitment to work together in the spirit of friendship and student advancement
- the Port Lincoln Race Club has recognised by donation the great community service work of students to cater for the Port Lincoln Cup races
- the completion of the new PLHS Canteen is on track for later this year with some great options available to grow this service for students
- the Governing Council has endorsed the school’s vision statement as a platform for moving forward and working with community
Want to stay connected with the Governing Council and don’t have the time to attend meetings? That’s okay, however we need to hear from you to guide our work for your school.
We are inviting you to join the Parent & Community Voice group; contact Rachael Boyce (contact details below) to leave your name and phone/email so that occasionally a Governing Council member may ring/text/email you to bounce some ideas or ask for your feedback and advice. Your info can be given with confidence knowing that your confidentiality will be maintained at all times.
The next Governing Council meeting is planned for Wednesday May 12th from 6:30pm; parents and school community members are very welcome to attend any of the meetings of interest by registering with Rachael Boyce.
Signing off for now; enjoy and travel safely over Easter and we look forward to your support and thoughts in the future.
Brian Gabb, on behalf of PLHS Governing Council
Please direct any Governing Council matters to Rachael Boyce in the School’s Front Office via phone 8683-6000 or email Rachael.Boyce774@schools.sa.edu.au