- This event has passed.
Reconciliation Week Activities
May 27, 2019 - May 31, 2019
To celebrate Reconciliation Week 2019, Port Lincoln High School’s Aboriginal Education team have created several events and learning opportunities to encompass this year’s theme “Grounded in Truth, Walk Together with Courage”.
Reconciliation Week Events at PLHS:
- Tuesday @ Lunch – Staff versus Student Netball in the Gym
- Wednesday @ Recess – Morning Tea (with a Native Australian ingredient theme) on the Commercial Kitchen Deck; all welcome
- Thursday & Friday after Lunch – Clontarf Academy students hosting clinics with local primary school students
- Our Year 8 Social Education classes will also be participating in a unit of work based on the theme; this includes choice sessions during Wednesday’s long lesson – cooking with Native Australian ingredients, Indigenous Australian games/activities, Art, Dance and a role play post 1800’s
- The Aboriginal Learners in STEM Congress is also taking place this week @ the Adelaide Oval; some of our students will be delivering a workshop as well as participating in others
Other Community Events of Interest:
- The Barngarla community are launching their Barngarlidhi Manoo “Speaking Barngarla Together” Alphabet and Picture Book on Saturday May 25th at 5pm at the Port Lincoln Barngarla Centre (80 Washington Street)
- West Coast Youth & Community Support and the Lincoln Cinema are hosting “Black Screen” @ 6:30pm on Tuesday May 28th; this free event will showcase Indigenous films from across the country
- Nautilus Arts Centre are showcasing the “Vietnam, One in, All In” exhibition, a contemporary exploration, expression and acknowledgement of Aboriginal veterans’ service in the Vietnam War – before, during and after; this event will also feature works by selected local Aboriginal artists (more information on the Nautilus Arts Centre Facebook page) and opens @ 6:15pm on Friday June 14th